
Angela and I love birthdays. We love our niece and nephews even more though! :) Recently we took one of them out to "Old McDonald's" for a birthday Happy Meal. I forgot how happy those little burgers and drinks make a kid. After about half a drink and half a hamburger we decided what trip to McDonald's would be complete without some play time on the playground! Our little nephew was happy to run around, though he'd probably have more fun if siblings were with him. Too bad... it was his day to be treated individually though. If any of you are thinking about how to treat nieces or nephews that live close by, just do like we did. It's a surefire winner doncha' know. My mom says that he mentions it every time she sees him or talks on the phone with him.
Before I end this post I have to mention the little girl that came up and just stared at me. She didn't smile. She didn't say anything. She just looked at me --3 feet away. I kept wondering when she was going to walk away. Eventually her little expressionless face slowly came down with a pouty lip. Then her eyes teared up slowly. The mouth opened and she slowly started to let out a quiet cry. Then the mom runs in and picks her up and carries her inside the restaurant. I don't know why I always make kids cry but hopefully something will change before our little girl arrives. I don't have the way with kids that Meghan Romney does. Read that post if you get the chance. It's a cute story. The link to their blog is on the right side of our page.
While taking our nephew out, Angela and I decided it was a great idea. He sure loved it. We learned a few things too. Like "Oh yeah... you sometimes have to remind little kids to eat because they easily get distracted." We know we have a lot to learn but we're having fun thinking about things like carrying around even MORE hand sanitizer and making sure our little girl experiences the fun things kids love --like Old McDonald's.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Old McDonald's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am sure you are great with kids! It looks like you have some great family around! I wish I could make McDonalds trips like that!
We are sad you are moving, but hopefully we can still see you guys a lot before you leave FOR GOOD! Devin will be over to help you guys...I would too, but I have to work, so hopefully he can move enough for the both of us! You are both so cute!
How fun, a little perspective on his outing with you! We are learning so much from you how to be the best Aunt and Uncle! Thanks again for taking him out!
Don't ya love that your widget says you have 5 days to go?
Put pictures of your baby up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Put pictures of your baby up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment