Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dates on a Budget

Dating should not end after you get married! Dates give Jay and I something to look forward to each week. Dates don't need to be expensive; they just need to occur regularly and be something out of the ordinary (if you watch television every night together, that isn't a date). However, it gets difficult to keep thinking of new things to do. To help our family and friends out, I have listed a few ideas below. If you have any ideas, we would love to hear them!

  • Take photographs of each other or the outdoors. Don't worry if you don't have a great camera, just say "cheese!"
  • Go on a picnic
  • Build a fort out of couch cushions and tell each other stories
  • Paint/draw a picture, you'll be amazed at how much fun it is to witness each other's creativity
  • Take a blanket to the park and gaze at the stars
  • Bake cookies and share them with your neighbor
  • Dream shop-Jay and I window shopped for appliances and it was really fun!
  • Give each other foot massages
  • Go for a walk, ride bikes, or roller-blade
  • Spend an evening at Barnes & Noble. We spend hours perusing the books and seeing who can find the funniest or most informative selection.

4 comments:

Abe n Linz said...

Yeah for dating after marriage!
I so agree. I had to laugh when you said you window shop for appliances; since Abe and I are in a constant renovation mode, for our Nevada home, our favorite thing is to hang out at Lowes or Home Depot! (For hours) We enjoy going on 4 wheeler rides up to rattle snake hill to look over Nevada and talk (especially at sunset, it's beautiful), talking walks down the road,and going out to the lake. When we're in Rexburg we're really good at "couple dating"-playing games, baking, etc with other couples. And the best ever, going to the Temple.
I liked this post :)

MeganandClaudy said...

Thanks for the ideas, I think it's a great way to share creative/cheap ways to date. I'll let you know if I run across any good ones. It is just so nice to get out of the house and do something together, even if it's just a walk, or getting ice cream! Hope the pregnancy is doing well! Love to hear what you're up to! Take care, Megan

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Yes! We actually have done some of those recently!

One I want to do is go chalk outlining of our bodies in our friend's driveways. You know, re-live our teen years.

Wright Bunch said...

You two are absolutely adorable! Thanks for the good ideas, and take advantage while you still have the freedom to do as you want, few months and it will all change... for the better of course but it will change none the less:)