Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

The Saturday after we moved to Colorado Springs, we took a trip to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. The zoo has many hands-on activities for kids and lots of fun exhibits, but feeding the giraffes is by far the coolest thing. Lucy had a cold, and Mommy accidentally got sunscreen in her eyes, so she was not having such a great time. She still looked cute in the outfit that Aunt Laray gave her. Jay stayed home to recuperate from the move before he had to start work the following Monday.




































A zookeeper brought a baby wallaby out to show zoo visitors. Lucy was feeling so poorly that even the cute baby wallaby couldn't cheer her up.


















Jonathan wanted this picture taken. Pretty cool.









Ooh, a leaf!









Grandma posing near the flowers.












Grandpa was so nice to hold the umbrella up so that the sun wasn't in Lucy's eyes.









The chipmunks at the zoo were darling! They were not afraid of people at all. I was afraid that they were going to crawl up my leg. This little chipmunk is greeting Lucy.









Before we left, Grandma bought Lucy a souvenir, a hat. We had a great time at the zoo!









One last picture before Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Bub headed back to Idaho Falls.


2 comments:

Kimberlee Stiens said...

Adorable! I can see you guys are gonna be excellent parents :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh! I've literally been RIGHT THERE feeding the giraffes. Not even kidding. That's so funny! I hope you guys are loving Colorado. :)