I went fly fishing with my friend Paul on the Saturday before Labor Day. I had a spectacular time, and I thought I'd show off what my fly fishing skills brought. After all, those skills had been locked up in the tackle box ever since I used to fish for blue gills with Brett Basinger way back in the days.
Now, I thought about stretching the fishy out in Gimp and bulging him out a bit too to look a little more... large, but I'll have you know, I resisted the temptation to edit the image.This is the real, entire, non-edited and completely unadulterated image of that fish in 32-bit color (just in case you were wondering).
Incidentally, the bigger fish tried to eat him, and I could have caught TWO fish in one cast but all the bigger fish could do is gum his way along for a ride (since he had no teeth). I tried to talk him into it but he said "Whatev'r."
Part of the fun of fishing is the stories you can tell afterward. The stories that are truthful and made up. They are truthfully made-up, right?
One last story that I'd like to share is that I caught another fish earlier that day --a little larger too-- by the fin! I'll let you decide if you think that really happened.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
"Lookie here, I've got a bite"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I never heard about this ! What a hoot !!! I can't wait til Dad sees this picture : )
Post a Comment